Saturday, April 30, 2011

Open Letter: Happy Tenth Anniversary, Gen-X Bears!

Originally Posted on July 23, 2005

Dear Fellow Gen-X Bears (and Everyone Reading This),

Please join me in honoring this wonderful movement and the subsequent groups that came out of it a Happy 10th Anniversary! I want to thank everyone who had a hand in continuing its relevance in today's GLBT and Bear society. Also, I wanted to thank those of you in the Bear Subculture, GLBT Community and elsewhere who admired this movement and was influenced by it into your own lives and work.

Thousands of people from all over the world have been a part of this movement. We are still remembered and recognized all over the community as a vital part of the emergence of our generation onto the GLBT scene.

I am very proud to have created this space ten years ago. I am also proud to have made some wonderful friends, acquaintances and contacts along the way. I also honor my enemies and haters who have made my job interesting.

Take this time to reflect on how GXB has helped or enhanced your own development as a human being. Now, go celebrate!

Peace...and *HUGZ* to Everyone!

- Randy Stern
Founder
Gen-X Bears
1995-2005

No comments:

Post a Comment